Hamilton Zanze is nothing without our talented team. See how you can add to our track record of proven performance.
San Francisco, California
The primary purpose of the Accountant position is to assist the accounting team in maintaining accurate books and managing day-to-day financial operations in accordance with the accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintain journal entries, bank and general ledger reconciliations for partnership and fund investments and monthly closes.
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements and other regulatory filings.
- Record and reconcile investor capital activity and investment entity activity.
- Research and identify exceptions and problems affecting accounting records, communicate them to management, and provide corrective actions.
- Process monthly close process, including performing reviews and preparing reconciliations.
- Work with investor relations team to address investor inquiries or requests and ensure investor portal is up to date regarding capital contributions and distributions and assist team in maintaining investment records among accounting and investor portal systems.
- Prepare investment funding requests, wires, and internal transfers, in a timely manner.
- Maintain organized and thorough accounting documentation.
- Respond to internal inquiries in a timely fashion and prepare ad-hoc reports requested by management/other departments.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) basis accounting required.
- Ability to apply US GAAP required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook required.
- Ability to read, understand and analyze financial statements required.
- Working experience with Yardi desired.
- Prior working experience in real estate accounting desired.
- Fund experience preferred.
- Proactive and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and complete assigned tasks accurately, timely and consistently.
- Ability to work independently and to meet deadlines timely, accurately, and consistently.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k match
- Phone stipend
- Donation matching
- $80,000 – $95,000